Monday, August 16, 2010

If I crash, just let me lie there

The other day I was feeling up to a brisk ride through the countryside. I wanted to feel the wind in my hair, experience the open road and open sky, and savor the thrill of facing death head on.

The original Son of Anarchy, about to my mount my Daimler crotch rocket.

Thinking that I would also enjoy sharing the adventure with a friend, I asked adventurer extraordinaire, George P. Burdell, to accompany me on the ride. He looked at me, and asked, "Why don't we just spend the day at the hospital?"

For the sheer thrill of facing risk head on, few activities beat going to the hospital, even a 420 mile ride on a motor bike.

2 comments:

FaysaL said...

What is that Cycle like thing?

Robert D. Brown III said...

The original motorcycle.